Law Firm Consulting
Our Law Firm Consulting practice helps our law firm clients improve profits and increase the value of their business, while maintaining a positive workplace environment.
These services can take a variety of forms, but generally include some or all of the following areas:
- Vision – making sure you know where you are going, and that it is communicated to your team
- HR/Employees – hiring, firing, training, on-boarding, creating a culture of accountability, and addressing staff and attorney compensation in a fiscally responsible manner
- Intakes/New Cases – identifying opportunities and maximizing conversions
- Operations – improving the efficiency of your operational workflow
- Reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – creating, implementing, and utilizing reports to measure your law firm’s KPIs
- Financial Reporting – assessing and improving your accounting system, budgeting, and performance measurement
- Information Technology (IT) – ensuring proper infrastructure support, back-ups, and efficient utilization of technology
- Customer Service and Culture – understanding and improving your customers’ experiences
- Marketing – assessing, measuring, and improving your Marketing return on investment.
The normal process is as follows:
- Initial conversation– via telephone, video conference, or in-person.
- Client assessment – questionnaire, on-site visit, and financial assessment.
- Current status report.
- Improvement plan execution.
The end result is a law firm that can grow and scale profitably and that makes more money faster!
Each firm is unique, and clients may have different goals or priorities; accordingly, we entertain a variety of billing arrangements designed to fit a firm’s specific needs, including:
- Monthly retainer
- Fixed fee/project-based billing
- Hourly rates
May also include, for example:
- Going Paperless (“Less Paper”)
- Executive or Senior manager coaching
- HR department outsourcing
- Marketing projects
- Budgeting/business planning
- KPI and Dashboard development
- Attend or lead strategy meetings
- Customer service training
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors.
Joe has provided many consulting services to us over the last several years. He is a dedicated hard worker who works well with our staff, manages several projects simultaneously, and has helped lay the groundwork to make us a more profitable firm.