Law Firm Consulting
Our Law Firm Consulting practice helps our law firm clients improve profits and increase the value of their business, while maintaining a positive workplace environment.
These service can take a variety of forms, but generally include some or all of the following areas:
- Operations – improving the efficiency of your operational workflow
- Reports and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – creating, implementing, and utilizing reports to measure your law firm’s KPIs
- Financial Reporting – assessing and improving your accounting system, budgeting, and performance measurement
- HR/Employees –creating a culture of accountability, and addressing staff and attorney compensation in a fiscally responsible manner
- Intakes/New Cases – identifying opportunities and maximizing conversions
- Customer Service and Culture – understanding and improving your customers’ experiences.
The normal process is as follows
- Initial conversation – via telephone, video conference, or in-person.
- Client assessment – questionnaire, on-site visit, and financial statement analysis.
- Current status report.
- Submit improvement plan to client.
Each firm is unique, and clients may have different goals or priorities; accordingly, we entertain a variety of billing arrangements designed to fit a firm’s specific needs, including:
- Monthly retainers
- Fixed fees/project-based billing, or
- Hourly rates
*Special projects may also include, for example:
- Going Paperless (“Less Paper”)
- Executive or Senior manager coaching
- HR department outsourcing
- Marketing projects
- Budgeting/business planning
- KPI and Dashboard development
- Attend or lead strategy meetings
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors